The primary purpose of the database, based on the requirements of the Government Decree 218/2009 (X.6.), is to provide information for the Central Danube priority area’s strategy (concept, development strategy, SEA, OP) and annual monitoring report.
The information is gathered from the area defined by the 99 municipalities of the region. The database and monitoring system was developed in a unique, customisable fashion making it suitable for time-series analysis for every settlement in the region.
Following the identification of relevant regional data assets in accordance with the planned developments, they were collected and organized into a database. The system is designed to label and filter available data assets by priorities and/or areas of action related to the Strategic and Operational Programme, thus accomplishing an effective preparation and evaluation of planned developments.
The database, with several years of information regarding the 99 municipalities, includes the following datasets:
- Area, living population, permanent population;
- Migration and vital events (e.g. births, mortality, emigration, etc.);
- Municipal budget;
- Trade, tourism, and catering;
- Housing, construction and deconstruction;
- Communal services;
- Health and social care;
- Institutional endowment;
- Businesses and nonprofit organisations;
- Industrial parks;
- Postal services, telecommunications, car stock data;
- Unemployment and civil servants;
- Public aid;
- Traffic accidents.